[openbox] 'import' & 'import -frame' - Doing The Samething In Openbox?

E R ears.box at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:56:49 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Someone helped me in the past create shortcut keys for taking a screen
shot, but the first two command are doing exactly the same thing if I run
them at the terminal, so I don't understand why I need either the first one
'import' or 'import -frame'

man import says this for -frame;

-frame       include window manager frame

Well the thing is, just using 'import' by itself I have the window manager
frame also, so I'm lost here and need someone to please explain if I need
all three?

THANKS

<!-- Keybindings for Screen Shots -->
    <keybind key="Print">
      <action name="Execute">
        <startupnotify>
          <enabled>false</enabled>
          <name>Snapshot</name>
        </startupnotify>
        <command>bash -c "import /home/foo/ScreenShots/screenshot-$(date
+%m-%d-%Y).png"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="S-Print">
      <action name="Execute">
        <startupnotify>
          <enabled>false</enabled>
          <name>Snapshot with Frame</name>
        </startupnotify>
        <command>bash -c "import -frame
/home/foo/ScreenShots/screenshot-$(date +%m-%d-%Y).png"</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="C-Print">
      <action name="Execute">