[openbox] I did obconf-qt - Qt port of Openbox configuration tool (obconf)

Andrej N. Gritsenko andrej at rep.kiev.ua
Wed Jul 31 16:47:00 EDT 2013

    Hello!

PCMan has written on Wednesday, 31 July, at 23:43:
>The original obconf uses gtk+ 2 and glade, which are dying.

    I don't believe gtk+2 is dying. Yes, it got no further development
but it still will be around, at least 3-5 years yet. And not everyone
wants to install recent Qt libs, especially if it is required for just
one application but their hardware is too old to contain two kinds of
widgets, it's why I believe we should not drop GTK-2 support in all our
applications in next few years. :)

>We, however, need a good GUI tool to configure openbox.
>So I did a Qt port, obconf-qt.

    Good to hear lxde-qt is growing. :)

    Cheers!
    Andriy.