[openbox] Fighting Gnome

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Fri Jul 12 07:33:09 EDT 2013

"Genghis Khan" <genghiskhan at gmx.ca> writes:

> You can do without xfce4-panel by porting some of the features you
> need, such as date/time, weather, battery monitoring and more to
> Conky.

Actually, I'd want to stick to as much decent and well-sopported tools
as possible. I stopped writing my own desktop environment in 1990.

>> (I had to modify xfce4-panel sources to get a better layout of the
>> systray icons.)
>
> Please propose a patch at http://bugs.xfce.org/ ;-)

Like: in plugins/systray/systray-box.c, line 39, change SPACING to (6) ?

I assume other people will have other opinions on the most eye-pleasing
value...

-- Johan