[openbox] Fighting Gnome

Andrej N. Gritsenko andrej at rep.kiev.ua
Mon Jul 8 06:10:38 EDT 2013

    Hello!

Johan Vromans has written on Monday,  8 July, at  8:47:
>Anthony Thyssen <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au> writes:
>> So I still use nautilus.

>So will I, and I will use several other Gnome tools as well. But not the
>desktop.

    Talking on the first subject - I am using Openbox standalone (without
any complete DE) with lxpanel and pcmanfm on top of it. Those lxpanel and
pcmanfm are lightweight and featureful so I feel comfortable.

    And about nautilus - since I use pcmanfm for desktop I became its
main developer and I develop next release (1.2) of it right now which I
believe should be complete enough to replace old nautilus for anyone. I
want to hear from you which features do you miss in pcmanfm 1.1 that
still restrain you from migrate to pcmanfm? Thank you in advance.

    With best regards.
    Andriy.