[openbox] Upgraded to openbox 3.5 - strange behaviour with shortcut to open terminal?

Brian Mattern rephorm at rephorm.com
Fri Sep 14 02:33:04 EDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:

> I just checked and that is the case - when an application opens a new
> window in the same process, the windows is not focused.
>
> I guess this is a bug? Should it be reported?

This issue finally bothered me enough to at least craft a workaround.
(I open a lot of browser windows via a keybinding, and both firefox and chrome launch new windows from the old process and thus were not being focused).
The attached patch will track the last time an 'execute' action occurs.
If a window appears within a second of that, then it is allowed to steal
focus.

I must admit that I didn't take the time to fully grok the focus
stealing prevention code, so there may be a better way to solve this
problem. But, this patch works well enough for me.

I have also attached this patch to bug #5419 in bugzilla.icculus.org

Brian