[openbox] Losing focus

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Tue Nov 20 07:43:44 EST 2012

Johan Vromans wrote:

  The thing I do not understand is, that according to:

    <!-- Move focus under the mouse, even when the mouse is not moving. -->
    <underMouse>yes</underMouse>

  I would expect the focus to be restored to whatever window is under the
  mouse.

That's never worked reliably. I just updated to latest git, 782b2864 (same
as yours) and there has been at least one regression. If I click on the
background to bring up an openbox menu, then slide down to an item that
obscures an unfocused application window, then release the mouse button, the
focus will be in the wrong window. This worked correctly in my previous
build which was a year old.

I may have patched my older openbox to fix this. I'm checking now.