[openbox] Losing focus

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Sun Nov 18 14:08:46 EST 2012

I have openbox configured for 'focus follows mouse':

  <focus>
    <focusNew>yes</focusNew>
    <followMouse>yes</followMouse>
    <focusLast>no</focusLast>
    <underMouse>yes</underMouse>
    <focusDelay>400</focusDelay>
    <raiseOnFocus>yes</raiseOnFocus>
  </focus>

When the mouse is over an application window (e.g., Gimp) and the app
opens a dialog (e.g., Export as...) then the dialog appears on top of
the application window. When the dialog is closed, the mouse still is
over the application window, however, that window does not get keyboard
focus. To be more specific, none of the existing windows gets keyboard
focus.

Is this a bug in the 'underMouse' behaviour or am I overlooking
something?

-- Johan