[openbox] Placeing windows...

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sat Mar 3 08:46:45 EST 2012

Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> [12-03-03 14:40]:
> Johan Vromans wrote:
>
>   meino.cramer at gmx.de writes:
>
>   > The name of the application is fetched by gdevilspie, which also put
>   > together the file itsself.
>
>   Don't know about gdevilspie, but this works for me... for many years:
>
>   (if (and (matches (window_name) "Mozilla Firefox")
>            (is (application_name) "Firefox"))
>       (geometry "1070x1080+0+0"))
>
> That would be very useful, but you forgot to mention what application you
> use to interpret this.

Hi Jim,

may be there is some confusion... :)

"devilspie" is the application, which interprets these little scripts
as that one above and perform on base on that information manipulation
of appearing windows like positioning, maximizing etc...

Sorry, I am no native speaker...

Have a nice weekend! :)
Best regards,
mcc