[openbox] no freeze after nouveau video driver upgrade + question about menu

owlet bw bw.owlet at rambler.ru
Wed Jun 20 11:52:51 EDT 2012

Recently, I posted that my openbox freezes computer completely in some cases, but
nobody replied... maybe because nobody could reproduce that.

But, as you might know, there was a serious upgrade of nouveau video driver 2-3
days ago, and version 1.0 was released. After that everything becomes OK, no
frezes anymore. So the problem was not in window manager, but in my video driver.

Also, I would like to ask if I can change the indent between menu entries. Is
there any parameter I can modify in rc.xml or something to do it?

The question raised because I wanted icons in my menu and to do so I installed
openbox-menu from AUR. It generates menu with quite big icons, and being placed
on neighbour entries they stick together without any indent or gap between.