[openbox] urxvt maximized

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:03:51 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM, richo <richo at psych0tik.net> wrote:

> Can you post your whole .Xdefaults?
>
> My urxvt just uses the same background color for the padding at the bottom
> of
> the screen.

I tried writing till the bottom of a maximized xterm window, and indeed
there is a strip that doesn't get used, so you are right and
the strip is always there, but it may not be visible if the color is the
same as in the background. The resource is URxvt.borderColor. I didn't
have it in xterm, and so I missed the culprit.
Still, eliminating the border color makes an ugly non-maximized window.
It is a shame that the bottom border is so huge when the window is
maximized, but I suppose there's nothing to be done...

Thanks

Here is my (rather small) ~/.Xresources:

URxvt*font:             xft:Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Regular:pixelsize=13
URxvt*background:       #FFFED2
URxvt*foreground:       #000000
URxvt*color14:       #9405AB
URxvt*geometry:      75x22
URxvt.scrollBar_right:	True
URxvt.scrollstyle:	rxvt
URxvt.scrollBar_align:	centre
URxvt.troughColor:       #D3D4FF
URxvt.scrollColor:       #FFC9C2
URxvt.borderColor:       #071460
URxvt.internalBorder: 1
URxvt.depth:	32
URxvt.chdir:	/home/jorge
URxvt.iso14755_52: false
URxvt.iso14755: false
!
XTerm*faceName:              xft:Bitstream Vera Sans
Mono:style=Regular:pixelsize=13
XTerm*background:       #FFFED2
XTerm*foreground:       #000000
XTerm*geometry:      75x22
XTerm*scrollBar:	True
XTerm*rightScrollBar:	True
XTerm*color14:       #9405AB
! next is for selecting whole stuff rather than just a part thereof
(cargo cult...)
XTerm*charClass: 33:48,36-47:48,58-59:48,61:48,63-64:48,95:48,126:48
XTerm*saveLines: 1024
*VT100*Translations:	#override \n\
			Shift<Key>Up: scroll-back(1,line) \n \
			 Shift<Key>Down: scroll-forw(1,line)