[openbox] [Patch] Least overlap placement

David Vogt dv at adfinis.ch
Fri Jun 3 03:02:23 EDT 2011

On 06/02/2011 06:23 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thanks for your help!

Glad I could!

> To my naked eye, it looks like the Rect* returned by pick_head() could
> leak, but I haven't inspected the rest of place.c in git head, maybe it
> is static or something.

You're right. pick_head() gets the value from screen_area(), which in
turn creates it using g_slice_new(). This would also explain the SIGABRT
I was getting when I naively used g_free().

Looking at place_client(), I see that it already fetches the same data.
So why not use that instead? This way, we get a little less overhead.

I've put the patches on github to avoid sending out modified versions of
the same patch over and over again:

https://github.com/winged/openbox/tree/least-overlap-placement

Dave

--
David Vogt, Project Manager & Software Developer
adfinis GmbH, Brückfeldstrasse 21, 3012 Bern (Switzerland)