[openbox] ignore client requested coordinates?

Paul openboxml023478 at rainslide.net
Sat Aug 20 08:31:43 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:35:23PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
>I have an app that tries to remember its last screen position and
>reappear at the same place, but in this case that is quite unwanted.
>How can I make openbox ignore that request and apply the regular
>placement algorithm?

 From the example rc.xml that comes with Openbox:

<position force="no">
     # the position is only used if both an x and y coordinate are provided
     # (and not set to 'default')
     # when force is "yes", then the window will be placed here even if it
     # says you want it placed elsewhere.    this is to override buggy
     # applications who refuse to behave
     <x>center</x>
     # a number like 50, or 'center' to center on screen. use a negative number
     # to start from the right (or bottom for <y>), ie -50 is 50 pixels from the
     # right edge (or bottom).
     <y>200</y>
     <monitor>1</monitor>
     # specifies the monitor in a xinerama setup.
     # 1 is the first head, or 'mouse' for wherever the mouse is
</position>

--

.