[openbox] Openbox Multihead (featuring per-monitor desktops)

David Vogt dv at adfinis.ch
Fri Aug 12 02:52:26 EDT 2011

Hi!

On 12/08/11 00:29, Andrew Gallant wrote:
> After a week of hacking, I've turn Openbox's desktop model from "one
> and only desktop visible at a time" to "one desktop visible for each
> monitor activated." This creates the ability to switch desktops
> *independent* of monitor; and any desktop can appear on any monitor.
> I've called it openbox-multihead. [1]

Very cool, I've been waiting for something like this for ages!

> I'm open to suggestions!
>
> Also, if anyone is on Archlinux [3], I've put this in the AUR. [4]

I'm on Arch and just tried to install it. Unfortunately, it conflicts
with the "regular" openbox. Would it be much work to rename stuff so it
doesn't?

Despite this, I'm planning to look into it during the weekend, i'm
really curious!

Dave

--
David Vogt, Dipl. Techn. HF Software Eng. | Project Manager, Developer
Post:        adfinis GmbH, Brückfeldstrasse 21, 3012 Bern (Switzerland)