[openbox] Maximized window border

Jesús J. Guerrero Botella jesus.guerrero.botella at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 03:31:36 EDT 2010

2010/9/23 Dana Jansens <dana at orodu.net>:
> Hi Jesus,
>
> 2010/9/23 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella <jesus.guerrero.botella at gmail.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Sorry if this is a trivial thing, but I didn't find any info. Not that
>> it's important anyway, but I was wondering if there's a way to
>> configure openbox not to rip off the window borders for maximized
>> windows. It looks a bit odd to me when there are blank struts all
>> around it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> This is an interesting point.. The reason for the border removal is
> primarily for being able to jam your mouse up against the edge of the
> monitor, and still be inside the client window.  This doesn't happen
> obviously when there is a strut there.

Agreed.

> Maybe it would make sense to keep window borders on maximized windows
> if they are not up against the edge of a monitor (but would a left
> border without a right border make sense?).

I didn't even think about that. I guess that for practical purposes it
would, and maybe it wouldn't even look too bad from an aesthetic point
of view (that's completely subjective of course).

> Well, I wouldn't mind to think about it some more.  If you would like,
> can you make a feature request in the bugzilla so we can come back to
> this and think about it, and maybe experiment some?

Sure. As soon as I have the time to put all the pieces together.

Thank you :)

--
Jesús Guerrero Botella