[openbox] Maximized window border

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Thu Sep 23 14:27:31 EDT 2010

Hi Jesus,

2010/9/23 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella <jesus.guerrero.botella at gmail.com>:
> Hi.
>
> Sorry if this is a trivial thing, but I didn't find any info. Not that
> it's important anyway, but I was wondering if there's a way to
> configure openbox not to rip off the window borders for maximized
> windows. It looks a bit odd to me when there are blank struts all
> around it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

This is an interesting point.. The reason for the border removal is
primarily for being able to jam your mouse up against the edge of the
monitor, and still be inside the client window.  This doesn't happen
obviously when there is a strut there.

Maybe it would make sense to keep window borders on maximized windows
if they are not up against the edge of a monitor (but would a left
border without a right border make sense?).

Well, I wouldn't mind to think about it some more.  If you would like,
can you make a feature request in the bugzilla so we can come back to
this and think about it, and maybe experiment some?

Cheers,
Dana