[openbox] Dual monitors in openbox

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 22:08:25 EDT 2010

--- On Sun, 9/12/10, Kameron <flyordie2 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Kameron <flyordie2 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [openbox] Dual monitors in openbox
Date: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 8:39 PM

You were right about the lxpanel part. I don't know that it can recognize dual monitors, so I switched to xfce4-panel. That solved that issue.
Now about openbox, I'm still having the issue with the dead space. Perhaps I set something up wrong, which is very possible. How would I go about fixing this?
My first guess would be that perhaps you have set something up in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file incorrectly.

It would be easy enough to do to use an offset that's too big.
So if your first monitor was 1280x1024, and you used an offset on the second monitor of +1300 then you would end up with a gap of 20 pixels between the monitors.

So, if I were you, I would check those first, and that includes any meta-modes as well.

If that's all good, then how are you starting openbox on both monitors?