[openbox] openbox vs. fluxbox

Christian Stuck openbox at cstuck.ath.cx
Tue Mar 30 14:53:54 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:38:01PM +1000, Anthony Thyssen wrote:

> I re-designed this myself.
>
> I did not want raise on clicks within the window.
> But did what it on a click in border or title, or 'Alt-click' in window.
> You can grab the <mouse> section form my RC file...
>
>    http://www.cit.griffith.edu.au/~anthony/public/anthonys_openbox_rc_xml.asis

Awesome, that's exactly what I want. Unfortunatly it does not work for
me :(
Don't see why so far.

I added the following block to my rc-file

!--
  Main Client window, just focus on any mouse clicks, do not raise
  -->
  −
  <context name="Client">
  −
  <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
  <action name="Focus"/>
  </mousebind>
  −
  <mousebind button="Middle" action="Press">
  <action name="Focus"/>
  </mousebind>
  −
  <mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
  <action name="Focus"/>
  </mousebind>
  −
  <mousebind button="Left" action="Release">
  <action name="Focus"/>
  </mousebind>
  −
  <mousebind button="Middle" action="Release">
  <action name="Focus"/>
  </mousebind>
  −
  <mousebind button="Right" action="Release">
  <action name="Focus"/>
  </mousebind>
  </context>
  −
  <!--
    Main Client window, Alt mouse do raise with window move/resize
    -->

Is there anything else I have to look for? I checked the Focus-section
but did not see any problem, even though I have some things a bit
different like focusLast=yes and underMouse=no and focusNew=yes but that
should not change anything

thx
christian