[openbox] Strange issue, x11 apps started by openbox, output problem.

Piotr Karbowski jabberuser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:57:47 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Piotr Karbowski <jabberuser at gmail.com> wrote:
> No luck, recompiled whole system (~800 packages) still the same issue
> with openbox. How can I debug it? gdb and fancy switches?

If anyone interesed I did workaround, I use much gmrun (alt+f2) to
exec something, my openbox menu is empty. So I added wrapper to gmrun:

% cat bin/gmrun
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/gmrun > /dev/null 2>&1

and now, when I run for example psi from gmrun, it not abusing CPU. So
problem is that openbox have problem with handle output. I have latest
Xorg what can be found in gentoo ~arch, maybe there is problem?
Fluxbox amd Pekwm do not have any problems with it so it must be
openbox bug.