[openbox] xset from hot key

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 15:22:30 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Mark Bloch <mark.bl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a test, I used this :
> <keybind key="C-l">
>     <keybind key="s">
>         <action name="Execute">
>           <command>xset dpms force off</command>
>         </action>
>       </keybind>
>

> and it works fine. can you provide additional information  ( openbox version
> ) , did you try some other key?( other than 0xdf ).

I just tried your suggestion ant it works fine. I think I had tried
other combination (Ctrl-something) and it didn't work. Maybe there is
some problem with non standard keys. I currently have a working
solution:

    <keybind key="0xdf">
      <action name="Execute">
        <execute>sh -c 'sleep 0.5;xset dpms force off'</execute>
      </action>
    </keybind>

Of course, sleeping, not to mention calling a shell, is sub-optimal.

openbox version is 3.4.11.2-2

The distro is Archlinux and I keep everything up to date.

Thanks,

Jorge