[openbox] Window placement

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sat Sep 19 07:54:12 EDT 2009

HI,

I found one annoying feature of "?" (dont know, wheter openbox does this or
something else -- for example the panel -- is "guilty" for that), and
would be very happy, if there would be a trick to disable this:

I often use Blender, a 3D rendering software.

I configured tint2, which I use as panel, for eight desktops.

While blender, which I started on desktop 2, is rendering, which often
takes some minutes, I go to another desktop I answer mail, for
example.

Rendering takes place in an extra window of blender, which blender
opens, as soon rendering is started.

In the moment, blender is ready with rendering, it jumps with its
sub-windows to the desktop at which I am currently working.

This is very annoying...

I dont know the mechanisms, which led to this...hrrrmm...feature so
I cannot decide, whether tint2 or openbox or ... is offering this
feature.

But it would be very helpful to not to use this feature -- at least
for me.

If openbox has this feature: Is there a configuration item to disable
it?
If tint2 is that featurerich: What panel is best to be used in
conjunction with openbox without hurting the "simplicity is
beauty"-paradigma to mucn?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
Have a nice weekend!
mcc

PS:...written with an unvisible winkey smiley included...