[openbox] pipe menus

Frank beacon at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 18 18:42:30 EDT 2009

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 00:03:40 +0200
Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> > I am having great difficulty trying to use a pipe menu in  OpenBox.
> >
> > I inserted the line the script suggested --
> >
> > <menu execute="~/.config/openbox/scripts/sysinfo.sh" id="sysinfo-menu"
> > label="SysInfo"/>
> >

> Do you mean that you cannot see the menu entry where you expect it or
> do you mean that it shows up but fails to display the pipe menu itself?

  I finally got that one working..don't ask me how because I am still not sure
how :)

> If you can actually see the pipe-menu entry where you expect it but not
> the menu itself, then the output of
> "~/.config/openbox/scripts/sysinfo.sh" is probably incorrectly
> formatted.

  That was my first problem ..I could see the entry (I had put it in by hand
(Gawd XML is a pain )) but it didn't work.

A second attempt was to use the omb-moz module which comes with the editor - it
found the directory I had passed on the command line but couldn't find the
browser. I dunno but I think the whole system, while versatile and powerful is
not user-friendly :) To me it's not clear goes where and what must be quoted and
what need not be quoted :)

Thanks for your help
--
Frank<beacon at videotron.ca>