[openbox] tint2 border

Freddie Exall freddie_signup at gmx.co.uk
Sat Oct 31 10:05:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Doug Barton wrote:

> Freddie Exall wrote:
>> I'm running tint2 inside openbox with
>>
>>     <application name="*">
>>         <decor>no</decor>
>>     </application>
>>
>> and
>>
>>     <keepBorder>yes</keepBorder>
>>
>> in my rc.xml. (i.e. I'm wanting everything to have no decorations but
>> with a border). This is working well for everything except my tint2
>> taskbar. I'm wanting it to have no border. When I first log in to
>> openbox tint2 appears WITH a border, however, reconfiguring openbox
>> removes this border.
>
> I'm not 100% sure where you're going wrong, however I'm running tint2
> and I have <keepBorder>yes</keepBorder> in my rc.xml and I'm not
> having this problem.
>
> First question is, how are you starting it? I have "tint2 &" in my
> autostart.sh and that works fine for me. I suspect that what you
> really want to do is fiddle with the tint2rc file. I had to fiddle
> with it for a while but finally got to the point where the tint panel
> itself has no background or border. It took some time to get there
> though, so maybe you need to keep playing with it.

I'm starting tint2 with "tint2 &" in my autostart.sh also. I've been using
tint2 for a while and the config for it doesn't give it a border. Switching to
<keepBorder>yes</keepBorder> gives it the same border as all other windows
which makes me suspect it's openbox doing it. Plus, I've just tried editing my
tint2rc file to give it a border, killed tint2 and re-launched it and it's got
a stupid white border along with openbox's grey one. Also, reconfiguring
OPENBOX removes the erroneous border.