[openbox] tint2 border

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 15:55:09 EDT 2009

--- On Fri, 10/30/09, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:

> From: Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us>
> Subject: Re: [openbox] tint2 border
> Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 2:15 PM
> Freddie Exall wrote:
> > I'm running tint2 inside openbox with
> >
> >     <application name="*">
> >
>    <decor>no</decor>
> >     </application>
> >
> > and
> >
>>    <keepBorder>yes</keepBorder>
> >
> > in my rc.xml. (i.e. I'm wanting everything to have no
> decorations but
> > with a border). This is working well for everything
> except my tint2
> > taskbar. I'm wanting it to have no border. When I
> first log in to
> > openbox tint2 appears WITH a border, however,
> reconfiguring openbox
> > removes this border.
>
> I'm not 100% sure where you're going wrong, however I'm
> running tint2
> and I have <keepBorder>yes</keepBorder> in my
> rc.xml and I'm not
> having this problem.
>
> First question is, how are you starting it? I have "tint2
> &" in my
> autostart.sh and that works fine for me. I suspect that
> what you
> really want to do is fiddle with the tint2rc file. I had to
> fiddle
> with it for a while but finally got to the point where the
> tint panel
> itself has no background or border. It took some time to
> get there
> though, so maybe you need to keep playing with it.
>

> hth,
>
> Doug

One other thought here is that position may be important.

I know that in some programming languages the settings that come further up in the program override ones that are later, and I know of others where the reverse is true in that the settings that come later override those that were set earlier.

I can't remember which way openbox does it,  but perhaps, it's just that your tint2 setting is not in the right place to override your default setting for everything else.

Does that make sense?

Knute