[openbox] Fine-grained/smooth resizing of terminal/editor windows

Andrew Gallant jamslam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:26:30 EDT 2009

Hello,

In the same fashion as:
http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2009-February/006061.html - I would
also like to know if it's possible to change this behavior. Essentially,
when resizing terminal windows (or even editor windows, like GVim), OpenBox
resizes them at what appears to be character increments rather than pixel
increments. This behavior is in contrast to resizing other windows
(examples: mirage or thunar), where the resizing is in pixel increments.

The reason I am inquiring about this is that I am writing a EWMH compliant
tool that manages windows (i.e., tiling), and terminal windows cannot thus
be resized precisely. (So while I am resizing windows manually using xlib
and pixel values, OpenBox seems to be intercepting my request and resizing
it at character width/height values instead.)

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be fantastic. Thanks for
your time.

- Andrew
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito