[openbox] Re: Stability

Christophe B cb2 at cegetel.net
Thu Oct 16 08:34:50 EDT 2008

I hope this mail arrives in ascii format, please tell me if not.
I didn't select focus mouse policy.

"when you click on a link, and before the FF
window appears, click again, the latter click will be taken as a
signal to raise the TB window, obscuring the FF window. This can
easily happen if the FF window takes to long to appear.
"

Don't think this the reason. FF window will come up fast if FF is already running. When this behavior happens, 10 clicks on the link in TB will create 10 FF window all behind FF.
It seems this issue has been discussed on the metacity blog:

http://blogs.gnome.org/metacity/2007/12/24/stacking/

I don't understand the details but maybe it has been fixed in metacity, I'm downloading ibex beta to see..(will use metacity if it has been fixed)

The person who uses this pc is my mother, she is pretty old now. If you never had the case, you can't imagine how difficult it is for people of her generation to learn computers (I have been very surprise, the teaching has been much longer than expected). So, having a new window that doesn't come on top is something I really want to avoid here, especially as it is done properly by gnome/openbox.

If gnome/openbox works fine, never crash, it's fine.

Christophe