[openbox] Firefox 3.0 beta 5 is changing desktops

Matt Michalowski mattmichalowski at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:24:31 EDT 2008

> Hi,
> in openbox 3.4.7.2 I've noticed a new behavior of openbox. I have
> firefox by default on desktop 2, but when I click on link let's say in
> Liferea on desktop 3, then firefox is focused and moves from desktop 2
> to desktop 3. Old behavior was: desktop is changed from 3 to 2 and
> firefox is focused. Is this bug or new feature?
>
> Regards,
> Roman Porizka

This happens for me also (Firefox 3.0 RC1 with Openbox 3.4.7.2), and in a couple of other situations, such as when debugging in Eclipse and a breakpoint is hit, Eclipse will move to my current desktop.

I guess this is the reason? (from the 3.4.7 Changelog)
 - Change _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW messages to not change the current desktop, but to bring the window to the current desktop instead. This is the industry standard policy

Is there a way to force the old behaviour via the config?

Regards,
  Matt Michalowski

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT