ROX-Filer, OpenBox and window layering

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Fri May 25 18:34:58 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've just upgraded one of my Debian Etch systems running ROX-Filer to
the OpenBox 3.3.994 preview release, and I'd like to clarify something:

With OpenBox 3.3 I had to run ROX-Filer with the Compatibility->Panel is
a "dock" option set, otherwise the window layering would get messed up.
Specifically, all the ROX-Filer windows would act like they were on a
layer of their own, below any other windows on the desktop, and could
not be raised from that layer.

OpenBox 3.4.994 seems to have fixed this, since I can now run OK with
the option off, but I'd just like to confirm from someone else who uses
OpenBox with ROX-Filer that this is actually the case?

-mato