[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.990 (3.4 preview release)

Keith W n4phth4 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:08:04 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
> Have you tried the 3.3.991 release? I'm not seeing anything weird with
> gnome-panel's pager at least, but I remember there was some weirdness
> at one point recently that was fixed. I'm not sure if that pager uses
> libwnck but I think it does. Rox pager is a rather pain to get to work
> apparently unless you use zeroconf :/
>
> Dana

Yes I'm using 3.3.991 on one machine, on which I also have fbpanel
installed. fbpanel seemed to behave but I don't think it uses libwnck.
 I'm not all that fond of fbpanel though.

[I've only recently started using ROX-Pager and TaskTray, but I've
never used zeroinstall (primarily because of firewall issues).  I grab
source and build RPMs as needed, having given up on most distributions
a long time ago and gone the Linux From Scratch way. :) ]

Anyway, ROX-Filer has it's own flaw w/ the deiconifying thing and at
this point it's safe to assume there's some disagreement between the
latest openbox and libwnck.  Both the Pager and TaskTray use libwnck
and they both have issues with this openbox release, whereas they do
not w/ 3.3.1.  Perhaps there's a third libwnck pager/tray we could
try....