Openbox 3.4.2 gnuplot steal focus problem

Sirirat Traiviratana straivir at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 15 13:56:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using gnome/openbox session in ubuntu with openbox 3.4.2. and
twinview(dual monitors).
I use gnuplot a lot for my research work.

The problem is:
1) I open a terminal and launch gnuplot
2) plot something then the graphic window pops up (also steal focus
from terminal(terminal is maximize on left monitor gnuplot graphic
window shows up on right monitor))
3) I maximize the gnuplot graphic window on the right monitor
4) I alt-tab to go back to terminal where I can modify my gnuplot command
5) I replot and the graphic window steal focus again
6) I alt-tab to go back to terminal and replot and the graphic window
steal focus again

Well, 5) and 6) don't happen when I use gnome/metacity. The graphic
window only steal focus once. When I alt-tab back to terminal, I can
replot again and again without losing focus from terminal window.

Is there a work around for this case?
One time focus stealing is acceptable.

Best regards,
Sirirat