[openbox] Refugee

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Wed Jul 11 17:30:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:45:16 -0400
"Dana Jansens" <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

> On 7/11/07, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > This is one thing my suggestion would take care of. At present I have
> > edited my fav. theme directly to increase borders to 3 pixels. This
> > works, but of course increases the width of *all* borders and makes the
> > theme look a bit clunky. I would like to see actual defined, themeable,
> > drawn edges.
>
> You can also increase the width of the sides without increasing the
> top/bottom with this:
>
> http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Help:Themes#window.client.padding.width

Thanks. This is very helpful.

I've reset border width to 1 and set window.client.padding.width to 3
and window.client.padding.height to 0

Finally I set window.inactive.client.color to match the unfocused
'handle' and window.inactive.client.color to match it when focussed so
I have easily grabbable sides that look reasonable!

> But I think that maybe some more work needs to be done to make it
> easier to make that look good.
>
> As to adding pixmaps and the like.. probably not, in the near future
> anyways.  The *box-look themes are one thing that really sets Openbox
> apart from others.  It's so simple to make a theme, no editing and
> matching of random xpm's or whatever.

Yes I can see your point here... It was just a thought anyway :)

> However, I would like to extend the theme format more to allow more
> flexibility in ways that preserve its clean look-and-feel.  There are
> numerous ideas people have contributed, some with and some without
> code.  The ones with code have I think all been merged in some fashion
> by now..
>
> Dana

Thanks for such a spot-on reply. I look forward to seeing developments
as they show up!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk