[openbox] MoveToEdge loses focus in 3.4.4

Andrei Paskevich andrei at capet.iut-fbleau.fr
Sun Aug 5 07:42:31 EDT 2007

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 at 13:11:57 (+0200), Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> >I have a problem with it, though. Given the following focus
> >configuration:
> >
> >   <focus>
> >     <focusNew>yes</focusNew>
> >     <followMouse>yes</followMouse>
> >     <focusLast>no</focusLast>
> >     <underMouse>yes</underMouse>
> >     <focusDelay>0</focusDelay>
> >     <raiseOnFocus>no</raiseOnFocus>
> >   </focus>
> >
> >and a keybinding like this:
> >
> >   <keybind key="C-A-Home">
> >     <action name="MoveToEdgeNorth"/>
> >     <action name="MoveToEdgeWest"/>
> >     <action name="Activate"/>
> >   </keybind>
> >
> >when I move a window with C-A-Home and it slips from under the pointer,
> >it loses the focus despite the last Activate action. This config worked
> >well in 3.4.2, and the current behaviour makes MoveToEdge actions pretty
> >unusable for me. Do you think it could be fixed?
>
> This is what the underMouse option is for, turn it off.

No, it is not. If the Activate action was not there, you would be right:
after the move, the focus should be given to what is under the pointer.
But with the last Activate, the window being moved must keep the focus,
underMouse or not. Compare this with NextWindow/PreviousWindow: their
behaviour does not (and should not) depend on the underMouse option.

Please, Michael, I know that you don't like this poor option, but
in 3.4.2 it worked all right. I could change the focus by lowering
and raising windows (by _not_ adding the Focus action) and keep
windows focused when moving (as shown above).

Andrei