[openbox] icons in menu

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Fri Feb 24 08:12:56 EST 2006

Artyom Mirgorodsky schreef:

> May by the menu can be nice enougth without icons. I has only one
> reason to add icons to menu - is easy to find applicatin that you
> want to run in list.

Sorry, this confuses me. /It's your menu./.

You wrote the menu.xml, and the apps can be in any order you choose-- so
why not choose an order that makes the apps easier to find _for you_?

Not that I don't appreciate apps like obmenu and the like, but honestly,
there's a lot of items on the GNOME menu that I don't even use, much
less want displayed (many of the gnome-games, for example, which I'm
stuck with in order to get sol), and I really appreciate that if I write
my own menu.xml, I *don't* have to have them on the menu, and the menu
can be ordered in a way that makes sense to me, rather than the GNOME or
KDE devs (why gedit is in "Accessories" and File-roller is in "System
Tools" when using the KDE menu is beyond me, frankly).

And of course, since I've ordered the menus in a way that makes sense to
me, icons are irrelevant, since I know exactly where the program I want
to run actually is in the menu, and don't need icons for reference.

But that's just me, I suppose... but I still don't get what you're after
(or, why, maybe).

Holly