OB not rendering all items in a menu when moused over fast

Adam Gent agentgt at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 22:25:11 EST 2006

Take one moment and open up a gtk menu, qt menu, fluxbox menu, blackbox
menu or even a windows 2000/xp menu. Now move your mouse quickley up
and down the menu. What you will see is that all items in the menu get
highlighted/raised when the mouse is over it even when you move the
mouse very fast.

Now my friends do this with openbox 3 and you will notice that once you
move the mouse fast enough the menu gets stuck on an item and does not
highlight items under the mouse until you slow down. I swear I don't
know why no one has complained about this before... I feel like I am
taking crazy pills (Zoolander). Its as though the openbox is
dropping/ignoring the mouse Xevents because the rendering engine can't
keep up.

This menu behavior makes it feel like the openbox 3 is slow when we all
know its not.

-Adam