Xinerama options

Troy Curtis Jr troycurtisjr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 00:14:41 EDT 2005

I am currently using Openbox 3.2 on a Gentoo system and I love it. Ultra
light with everything you need. However, there is one quirk that I'd like to
change. I have two monitors and the Xinerama support for Openbox is
otherwise great. But I would like to be able to move maximised windows
between monitors. Currently, you have to unmaximise a window first, then
move it, and finally maximise it in the second monitor.

I realize that this is very likely the behavior that Xinerama and/or Free
Desktop spec has in mind (it is how it works in Windoze also). But the great
thing about Linux is the customizability right? Is there some undocumented
option that I might be able to enable/disable?

Also, if there is not an existing option, then in true OSS fashion I would
be okay with adding the option in myself...after all I am a software
engineer. But alas, my experience and main interest is in embedded software
so I know next to nothing about GUI programming (other than Tcl/Tk) and
really nothing about X programming. I've grabbed a copy of the cvs version,
I have my cscope database set up, and I've been tagging around off and on
for the last week or so. But I'm still pretty lost. I've changed a few
things here and there and compiled the executable...but to no avail. The
point is, if there isn't already an option, could someone point me in the
right direction, either in the ob code or some online documentation?
Anything would be a help, thanks!

Troy

--
"Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser." - USA Today
Download now at http://getfirefox.com