[openbox] Unable to bind a non-following SendToDesktop, but a following SendToDesktop works

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Fri May 27 00:01:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 02:15:15PM +0000, Clay Barnes wrote:
> I am building a (very extensive) custom keybinding set, and I have been
> unable to map keybindings to the SendToDesktop correctly.  When I use
>
>   <keybind key="W-C-2">
>     <action
>   </keybind>
>
> does nothing.  I know the XML file isn't being rejected because other
> bindings are working.

I have the exact same binding in mine (indeed, I believe it's one of the
defaults):

  <keybind key="C-Mod4-2">
    <action name="SendToDesktop">
      <desktop>2</desktop>
      <follow>no</follow>
    </action>
  </keybind>

If I had to guess, I'd say you have overlapping key bindings.  What do you
get from openbox's stdout?  Bind it all by itself... does it work now?

--
 Marc Wilson |     The distinction between Freedom and Liberty is not
 msw at cox.net |     accurately known; naturalists have been unable to