[openbox] OpenBox3 on dual head system

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Aug 1 14:47:47 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 10:47:49AM +0200, Nagy Mate wrote:
>greetings,
>> - Did you compile your O3.2 yourself?
> yes (but iirc, these things worked with the debian package as well).
>> - Did you apply any patches to it?
> actually yes, but none relevant (it was my blackbox resize method
>patch)
>> - What does your O3.2 configuration file look like?
><resistance>
>  <strength>10</strength>
>  <screen_edge_strength>20</screen_edge_strength>
></resistance>
>> - What does your X configuration look like?
> i have an nvidia video card. the X config file enables and configures
>twinview.
>
> on the other hand, my laptop has an ati video card and runs freebsd;
>when i connected a second monitor (and configured X accordingly), the
>ports version of O3 worked perfectly too.

It all seems to be a problem with the Ubuntu build. I just pulled down
the package sources and  poked around a bit. By making Xinerama a
build-dependency (sorry for the Debian terminology here) and re-building
OpenBox I now have a desktop that behaves exactly the way I want it to
:-)

Thanks for your help, and patience.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

With PCs 1,000 times more powerful than they used to be, our
encryption keys can and should be 1,000 times bigger too. That means
cryptokeys of at least 56,000 bits.
      -- Seen on developer.com