[OT] utility to group together (NOT tab) multiple windows ?

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Thu Sep 30 15:23:15 EDT 2004

[Sorry for the OT, hope somebody may help]

I would like to "group" together multiple windows, in a sort
of "container" window. I am _not_ looking for tabbing or xembed,
I want all the windows to be visible at the same time:

say I have:

 ------      ------
|      |    |      |
|   w1 |    |  w2  |
|      |    |      |
 ------      ------

I would like something like:

##################
# ------  ------ #
#|      ||      |#
#|   w1 ||  w2  |#
#|      ||      |#
# ------  ------ #
##################

so that by grabbing the outer/container window I can
move everything together, and also I can give a title
to the container window.

Somebody already suggested using vnc, but dare I say
it would be a little heavyweight for this ;-)

Since I am using openbox, an openbox solution would
be ok, although I don't see why it should be bound
to the particular WM.

thanks
marco
--