[openbox] Openbox focus on dualhead system

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 21:05:42 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 13:23 -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> No, that would be reading something "into" my message, that I didn't
> write.  As for qouting the part about him trying the other window
> managers.  Well, um, _I_ did:
>
>    http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?24:mss:2971:ngecnbgmjbjnhblddcfj
>
> You'll note that I quoted the entire message just for _that_ reason.
> Because my response was relevant to his _entire_ message.
>
> It was when David Barr decided to flame me for something I didn't write
> the relevant section of the original post was removed.

forgive me for editing down the previous post but i did not mean it to
be "censorship" - i meant to save space,  but i do not think your
comment was constructive or valid, however, should the shoe be on the
other foot; i would consider it "bad form" for a similar comment to be
made on the blackbox mailing list by an openbox user, do you not agree?

i do not consider your input to be benificial to anyone (let's be
honest, it is ambiguous at best?) and to be degrading to the 'blackbox
community' i used blackbox for many years before openbox, i have a lot
of respect for it. i think blackbox is noble windowmanger and that is
often misrepresented, at best, by its somewhat stalwart users.

bradley has done some sterling work with it, i am very impressed with
its develeopment since he has re-started development on it, i wish it
only the best in the future, i do not believe openbox shares its goals.

i hope that in future, as has clearly not been possible in the past,
that openbox and blackbox can co-exist peacefully (this includes not
spamming each others mailing lists :).

david