Regarding Openbox (fwd)

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Tue Sep 21 04:29:54 EDT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:44:03 +0200
From: Robert Rehammar <e9ravn at etek.chalmers.se>
To: mikachu at icculus.org
Subject: Regarding Openbox

Hello,

Thank you for the (as I know) best window manager there is! It is thow
two feature I wolud like to request in a future release, I don't think
it's hard ones.

It is to be able to display dialoges as actions. If I for example have a
keybinding to start a program it would be great to be able to display
it's name in a dialog box similar to the ons shown when one switchens
desktop.

The second one is some ability for auotstart similar to ~/.xsession or
KDE's ~/.kde/autorun. Since I use KDM, but not KDE/GNOME I have no (as I
know it) way to auto run stuff. And this is really a shame!

Best regards,
Robert Rehammar