[openbox] Images in the menu

Lucas Hazel lucas at digitillogic.net
Sat Oct 30 21:10:37 EDT 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 03:56:15 +0300 (EEST)
Tero Grundström <tero at vuosaari.hai.fi> wrote:

> BTW, <if I would send Magnusson a patch for a improvement I like, I'm
> pretty sure he would not add it to openbox mainline. Openbox seems to
> be considered "perfect", hence no new releases in a long time. So what
> would be the point of sending patches?

Well then, the people who wanted images in the menu could have them.
Just because a patch isn't accepted into the main source doesn't make it
any less worthwhile, this would be where openbox's slow development
cycle comes in handy. If someone made such a patch it would likely
remain viable for quite some time.

Surely someone could have made one by now, rather than just talking
about it. No, I'm not going to do it, I don't even use the openbox menu.

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at digitillogic.net>
Student, BSDfreak

University of New England (http://cs.une.edu.au)
Armidale, Australia

[http://www.digitillogic.net]

"Clothes make the man. Naked men are rarely taken
seriously, or given employment." (Mark Twain)