[openbox] Images in the menu

Mark Gjøl cyrax at b0rken.dk
Sat Oct 30 13:33:34 EDT 2004

GI wrote:
> I was however wondering about the following: Someone mentioned that
> IceWM takes less memory than OpenBox. If true, that's really strange.
> OpenBox is pretty minimal, and it's hard to imagine anything this
> *usable* bieng smaller!

My test (though probably naïve) was made on my university computers with
top. Here's the output:

Openbox:
PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE    TIME    CPU COMMAND
5130 s011269    1  59    0   10M 9064K sleep    1:31  0.00% openbox

IceWM:
PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE    TIME    CPU COMMAND
122 s021781    1  59    0 4664K 4024K sleep    0:06  0.00% icewm

It should be noted, though, that on my home computer openbox is about
5MB, not 9...

--
// Mark Gjøl
I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it