[openbox] Images in the menu

GI gautam at math.uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 30 13:18:38 EDT 2004

Wow. I've been on this list 2 days, and there's already a flame war :)
Tough croud :)

I personally don't care for Images in menus or anything. The only reason
I even have a menu enabled on OpenBox is because my Micro$oft brought up
wife was a little shocked at the transition between KDE 3.2 and OpenBox
(with no wallpaper / docker / panel / iconmanager / etc).

I was however wondering about the following: Someone mentioned that
IceWM takes less memory than OpenBox. If true, that's really strange.
OpenBox is pretty minimal, and it's hard to imagine anything this
*usable* bieng smaller!

Can someone on this list actually test it out and post results?
Unfortunately I can't do it on my system because I'm in the middle of a
emerge sync (Gentoo system update), and from the looks of it, I won't be
done till the end of next week.

On a different note -- Michael: You mentioned that there was a patch
(with some problems) to OpenBox that put virtual desktops in a grid on
startup. Any chance you can tell me where to find it? I'm pretty
determined to figure out how to put my desktops in a grid without using
a pager. If I must patch code ...

Thanks,

GI

--
'Common' Proof Techniques:
6. Proof by Similarity -- "The other 253 cases are analogous"