docker/kdetrayproxy bug: number of icons

Rene D. Obermueller rd_obermueller at freenet.de
Wed May 26 21:57:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've looked through the bugreports and the mailinglist archive,
but I wasn't able to find this thing.

I've tested
o openbox 3.2 (Using the Debian Package openbox-3.2-4)
o docker 1.4 (Using Debian Package docker-1.4-2) and 1.5 (which I compiled
from source myself)

I also started kdetrayproxy.

If I start a KDE application, which launches a tray icon, then the
icon is not being displayed in docker (but it is neither displayed
in a seperate window somewhere on the desktop).
If I start a second KDE application, which also lauches a tray icon,
then the icon of the application, which I launched first,
is displayed in docker, but not the second one.
And so on.

I have tested this with gaim (seems to be hard to find a
non-KDE-Application which actually has a tray icon, huh?), and it
works like it should, the icon is displayed properly even if gaim
is the only tray icon application.

So this is probably a kdetrayproxy thing, I think. No important thing
for me, because I hardly use any KDE applications, at the beginning I
was just curious why mIRC (with wine) wasn't able to create a tray
icon. ;)

--
Rene D. Obermueller