Basic mouse gestures implemented

Risto Matikainen rm at iki.fi
Tue Jun 29 10:40:15 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

http://front-end.net/files/mousegesture-diffs.tar

There you'll find a piece of code, that does the minimal mouse gesture
tricks. There are 2 new files (gesture.c|h) and diffs for mouse.c,
config.c and misc.c.

I'm not quite familiar with the Openbox api, so the code might not be
so 'industry-standard', I just thought to give it a go to test how
hard would it be to implement the basic functionality.

I'm a big fan of mouse gestures, I have used them from the start when
Opera published them. Now I must have them on my favorite window
manager!

If anybody has any recommendations, insights about the inner structure, or
comments about the feature, I would be glad to hear. The current code
only works when the context is 'Desktop', because the mouse events go
to the client window and do not reach the mouse-release block of code
in mouse.c. That should be the first to fix. And maby config file
should be changed to something like this:

<mousebind button="A-Left" action="Gesture" trail="DL">

It would be handy to change desktops (horizontal, vertical), or
execute applications (xmms mouse|vol change) with simple mouse.

--
Risto Matikainen
email: rm at iki.fi