two menu files when using a separate taskbar/launcher and other questions

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Jul 21 20:39:54 EDT 2004

I am researching using different taskbar/launchers, such as fspanel,
fbpanel, and taskbar.

Are there others that you like to use?

What do you do about having different menu file formats for the launcher
and openbox?

Is there a GUI tool for managing the menu file(s)?

The docs webpage doesn't show the format of the menu file. Does it
follow the freedesktop.org menu and desktop entry and icon specifications?

If not, are there plans? Or is there a conversion tool?

Also, I didn't see on the "about" or other webpages if openbox supports
customizable placement and choices for window titlebar buttons and if it
supports rounded or customized titlebars and window borders. Does it?

(By the way, I am looking for an alternative to xfce4 for my wife. I still
sit at old blackbox.)

Thank you,

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links