[openbox] Hiding some applications from "alt-tab" screen.

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 14:30:17 EDT 2004

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

>Is there any way to hide some application from the dialog box which appears
>when I hit ALT+TAB?
>
>I would like to hide xmms for example.
>
>IceWM has some winoptions file and there I can put info grabbed from xprop
>program:
>
>XMMS_Player.xmms.ignoreWinList: 1
>
>I'll be thankfull for pointing me out to the description of such feature in
>OpenBox. Of course if it exists.
>
>regards
>fEnIo

Hello,

iirc xmms has a torrid history of not behaving as it is supposed to, i
haven't used it for a long while but i guess it is probably the same
now, it probably still does not support fairly standard hints. try the
same devilspie-ing on some other apps and see if they work to see if it
is xmms' fault?

warm regards

David