[openbox] Redistributing the documentation

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Sat Jan 24 08:10:41 EST 2004

* Tore Anderson

>   However, am I permitted to redistribute them - how are they licensed?
>  And, is there any plain text source available somewhere or just HTML?

* Ben Jansens

> You can certainly redistribute them. They seem a little to trivial to
> require licensing to me. All there is, is the plain html docs, all under
> http://icculus.org/openbox/content/en/docs/ .
>
> I've heard arguments saying the GNU FDL isn't really free. But I suppose if
> you have to stick a license to it, the FDL would suffice.

  Yes, as far as I've understood the GFDL fails the Debian Free Software
 Guidelines because of the so-called invariant sections.  There is
 currently heavy debate regarding the "non-freeness" of a GFDL-licensed
 work which doesn't have any invariant sections, but it's a can of worms
 I'd rather not open.

  Preferably I'd just regard them as part of the Openbox source
 distribution and thus licensed under the GPL as Openbox itself, if this
 is okay with you?

--
Tore Anderson