[openbox] Pager with more than four desktops

Adam Kessel adam at bostoncoop.net
Fri Jan 9 13:11:04 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:34:53PM -0500, Adam Kessel wrote:
> I can't tell if this is an openbox problem or a problem with my pager
> (rox-pager).  When I switched from four to six desktops, the pager redrew
> itself properly to show six desktops.  After I logg out and back in,
> however, the pager only shows four desktops even though all six are
> accesible through my keybindings.

I didn't get any responses to this, but I think I've figured out a little
better what's happening. This may be more of a rox-pager or wmswallow
problem, but maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

When Pager runs, it does create a six-desktop grid. The problem is that
the grid is wider than the dock. When wmswallow swallows the Pager into
the dock, the rightmost column becomes invisible because it runs off the
right edge of the dock.  If I modify and reload openbox config after the
pager has been swallowed, it is redrawn within the width of the dock.

But when initially invoking pager, I can't figure out any way to limit
its width. As far as I can tell, rox-pager has no command line options.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Or should I go ask over on a rox-pager
list?
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam