[openbox] "make" problem compiling openbox 3.1:libobrender_la-font.lo

Ben Jansens xor at orodu.net
Thu Feb 19 10:33:52 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 04:44:07PM +0100, Roberto Nicolini wrote:
> > Install Xft 2 and its dependancies. This includes FontConfig, which looks
> > to be missing.
> From "apt-cache search xft 2" the only packages which may seem relevant
> (libpango-common, libpango1.0, -common, -dev) are actually installed, and I
> installed FontConfig 2.2 from sources before trying and compiling openbox.
>
> Actually, at the first attempt, ./configure claimed not finding xft.pc, and I
> worked it around by creating in /usr/lib/pkgconfig a symlink xft.pc to
> pangoxft.pc. The result was that the ./configure phase could work (seeminlgy)
> smoothly.

Um.. pangoxft is not xft. Its pango using xft. Linking pango and including
its header path is apparently not helpful in building Openbox against xft.
Xft2 is in debian unstable. Probably not in stable. You'll need to build
from sources most likely. And make sure your paths etc are correct. Or just
download some .debs from the unstable pool..

Good luck,
Ben