[openbox] Re: that damn debian xlibs bug!

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sun Dec 12 19:09:21 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 04:04:39PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 02:37:03PM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > Clarification: the alt-tab bug seems to be fixed. However the desktop
> > switching panel is still "sticky".
>
> I don't know what YOU are looking at, but it works fine here.
>
>   <keybind key="W-Left">
>   </keybind>
>   <keybind key="W-Right">
>   </keybind>
>
> The indicator pops up just fine, stays up as long as I keep holding the
> modifier down, and goes away when I release the modifier.  I think YOU need
> to look at what you're telling X about your keyboard.
>
> /me now goes to turn the damn popup off again as it's incredibly
> annoying...

I should have remembered that I'm using my heavily patched openbox 3.1 vs
3.2 before popping off.  Let me qualify the above by saying that it works
correctly with the following:

rei $ /opt/openbox3/bin/openbox --version
Openbox 3.1
Copyright (c) 2003 Ben Jansens, and others

Patches:     openbox-3.1-xinerama_no_split+edge-final
             openbox-3.x-toggle_fullscreen_action
             openbox-3.2-resize-timer
             openbox-3.2-window-title-numbering
             openbox-jumpmenus

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

--
 Marc Wilson |     A girl's best friend is her mutter.  -- Dorothy
 msw at cox.net |     Parker